Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Sneak Preview...

Excerpts from the footage edited by the Rhodesian Government in the 1960s:





The sound quality is a bit poor, and the footage a bit washed out, but you get the general idea of what's to come.

The new transfers of the raw footage will be much better - so far they are coming up beautifully! Though we have had to kiss goodbye to a couple of well and truly rusted over reels - my sinuses are still burning from the pungent vinegar odour that was released after we prized open one marked "NBC TV News - Outlook" (presumably a current affairs program of the day).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-Was thinking about Operation Noah the other day, then saw your blog.. Would your father be Martin Fothergill? He was a pal of my brother Ross Bullock back at Prince Edward school in Rhodesia..
Would be v. interested in any digitisation of this.
Bruce Bullock

Piggy said...

Hi Bruce - Martin is my uncle, my mum Hilary's brother. If you can let me know your email address I can put you in touch with him if you like?

Cheers!